Since I posted my last blog, I have received several affirmations regarding my blog. I want to thank all of you who have made a comment to me, or commented on the blog, or Facebook, or sent me a direct message.... and to those who have simply taken a moment from their busy day to read my thoughts.
I felt lead to do this as an outlet for myself, and to share the grace of God that I am learning more about everyday.... but more importantly I did this to help others and hopefully inspire someone who may be fighting a similar battle. I know in my heart that others are dealing with different stressors in their lives and my prayer is that God's words that flow through me will minister to hurting people.
Affirmations, compliments, etc. are hard to accept if you have low self-esteem or self-worth (and yes, there is a difference).... Daniel Johnson simply states the differences as "Self-esteem is how you feel about yourself. Self-worth is what you are born with." http://www.lessons4living.com/wmaz16.htm
I struggle with accepting compliments and affirmations... I struggle with both self-esteem and self-worth. For those of you who know me well, I bet you find that last one hard to believe. Well, it's true... I am working on all of the above though - I am focusing on God, and how God sees me and loves me... and asking God to help me see myself as he does. It's hard - and it's definitely a mental AND spiritual battle!
Here are a few things I am doing in addition to praying and believing in God to help improve both my self-esteem and self-worth. I am re-reading The Shack. The Shack is a great fictional story about a man and his relationship with the Father, Son and Holy Ghost. If you haven't read this incredibly moving book about forgiveness, hope and love, I recommend picking it up. I am also reminding myself of MY worth. For example, I put post-it notes on my bathroom mirror to remind myself that "I am beautiful", and took a sharpie marker and drew an arrow pointing to the "results" on my bathroom scale, followed by "This # does not define me. I am beautiful just the way I am!". I even downloaded a Positive Affirmations app on my phone and set up daily and weekly affirmations. I have another post-it note that says "DO NOT GET ON THE SCALE"... This post-it stays on my mirror 6 days a week because I have a tendency to weigh everyday and grow discouraged or obsessive about the number that scale shows me... I've let "it" define me... I set up a daily calendar appointment on my email to remind me that God loves me and He has never left me... and I have God's permission to simply do my best - and my best isn't perfection!
I know all of this may sound silly, but I need to be reminded of my worth. I need to be reminded that I am loved.... that I am beautiful.... that I am worthy. We all need affirmations in our life. So, in closing, I would like to affirm YOU.
God loves you and accepts YOU just the way you are.....
God is in control of your life.
You can achieve a balance lifestyle with God's help.
You have God's permission to simply do your best, and your best is not PERFECTION.
God has never left you. He is always with you.
God's love never fails (Reread 1 Corinthians 13)
You are beautiful/handsome inside and outside!
You are smart.
You are funny.
You are creative.
You are unique.
You are loved by family and friends.
You are accepted.
You are healthy.
You are at peace.
You are deserving.
You are happy.
You are strong.
YOU ARE WORTHY!
You are successful in whatever you do!
You are my friend....... and I am praying for you.
To read more about affirmations and pay it forward, check out "Transforming the way you see yourself, one post-it note at a time". http://operationbeautiful.com/
Another incredible resource for women is: http://hisprincess.com/
Check out Sheri Rose Shepherd's books and email newsletters. They are incredible daily reminders of how much God loves YOU - His Princesses!!!









No comments:
Post a Comment