Search This Blog

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Today's prayer

This a.m. I was praising God and began to pray. All I could pray was for help in accepting me for me, accepting my self-worth. I want to see me as God sees me..As Pastor Dalton took the stage, he started with "Today, I am going to talk about self-worth."

Really, God?!  Ok,  so I hear you loud and clear...

The message was based on Luke 15. Pastor Dalton talked about how we base our self-worth on what we look like, what we do, our status, our friends, etc.... We see a physical reflection. We need to see ourselves as God sees us. Grace is a gift. It's free, undeserved, unearned.... We do not have to prove our worth to earn God's grace and love. The story of the prodigal son is more about the father. He was overjoyed when the lost son came home. The other son, who never left, who worked everyday, was irritated. The father told the other son, everything he has is his... And he has access to everything the lost son has. Both of them have the father's love and full inheritance.  Nothing either of them could do could cause them to earn or to lose the father's love.....

So, today, my prayer is I would see myself as God sees me. That my friends would see themselves as God sees them. I pray that all of us could see God loves us regardless of what we do, have, or give. I pray that if any of us are lost or ever decide to leave home, we can be assured He will welcome us home with open arms without any stipulations...

Love,

The Diva

No comments: